January 20, 2013

Jenolan caves

Mum, Dad, Grandma and I went on a day trip to Jenolan Caves during my time with them. It's something I have wanted to do for years and it was totally worth it (even with the long, and at the end, crazy drive). We went on New Years Eve, had our own 'fire works' underground.

We did the tour of the Lucas cave, with a crazy amount of steps, but so many gorgeous formations.
It's amazing when you drive up, where the cave are just looks like the rest of the scraggly, rocky hills nearby. You would have no idea of the beautiful treasures underneath.

 

I really, really wanted to touch them. I have decided I am a rather tactile person so the 'no touching' rule nearly drove me insane. I try not to get cranky at kids when they try to touch something they shouldn't because I completely understand the urge t touch, feel explore.

My favourite formations was the 'ribbons' that ran along the roof at one part of the cave.



No comments: