January 2, 2009

Home again, home again.

Hope everyone had a joyous Christmas and New Year. I had a lovely time with Mum and Dad. It was a small Christmas, just the four of us, but we made our own fun.
Aside from Christmas I was able to take a break from all the pressures of my Sydney life - read some old favourite books, watch DVD's, commiserate with Dad over the cricket and be reminded how important it is to read Gods word daily.


We went and saw Australia, which I enjoyed - it was a little long, but not excruciatingly so. It was melodramatic - but all of Baz Luhrmann's movies are. All in all I don't think it deserved it's bad press, the problem was that expectations were built up too high.

We do live in such a beautiful country.


We spent New Year's out a Grandmas, playing board games and watching The Tattoo and then the fireworks. And now I'm back for a week before I head off again.

I'm really looking forward to 2009 - there are so many exciting possibilities and opportunities that I can't wait to explore. And, hopefully, it will be my last year of full time study!!!!

No comments: