January 19, 2014

Disney Day 1

My first day was a Thursday, and as it was off peak season Disneyland is only open 10-8. Which is good I checked because otherwise I might have been up at 6:30 to get there by 8 :). 
Awaiting in line to get my tickets we are surrounded by Disney music. The line moved very quickly, thankfully main gates open at 9:30 and you can explore main street before they open the rest of the park. (Or spend money, really). 
I walked straight in and saw Minnie Mouse. That was when I almost cried, I don't care if it's completely manufactured, it is so magical, all those years of day dreaming of coming here as a kid and it was finally here! The photo of me and Minnie I look way too excited. 

You can see Cinderella's castle, where I wandered first. The attention to detail on the castle is amazing. I wandered past the famous classic rides like flying dumbos, spinning tea cups and went up to Small World. 
I walked straight onto this ride. So cute. I wandered a bit further after this, and stopped at the Star Tours Star Wars ride. This was also a quick wait. 
This was fun, one of those simulation  rides, but I felt a bit sick afterwards. 

I realised then, after chatting to a few families in lines that today would be the least busy day I was here, as it was a weekday during the slow period. So I decided to go on as many rides as possible today and avoid lines in the next few days. 
So I went on; Pirates of carribian, King Arthur's Carousel, Winnie the Pooh, Snow White ride, Pinocchio ride, Jungle river cruise. 
I also went through Mickeys house and had photos with Mickey. In Critter country I also saw Tigger and Pooh. After these 2 I went to the castle to find the princess and had photos with Ariel, Aurora, and Cinderella. My 3 favourites were missing, (Pocahontas, Jasmine and Belle) but hopefully will find some of them in next few days. 
I was pretty tired at this point, ready to go back to the hotel and rest, but as there was a special souvenir that would be ready in a few hours and the park shut early I didn't want to go back to the hotel to have to turn around quickly. So when I saw that there was Beauty and the Beast play I sat and watched that. After that I got a second wind and wandered through all the other lands I hadn't gone through yet. 

The sun was going down as I left, making pretty lights on all the buildings. 
My legs were so sore by the time I got to the hotel. I sat and dangled my legs in the pool for about 30 min to be able to feel a bit better. 

No comments: