February 6, 2013

10 years ago

Today when I opened up Facebook a new message was waiting for me.
I opened it and read a conversation with people I didn't recognise. After a bit I realised it was a conversation in regards to 10 year high school reunion.

Really, 10 years??!

Where did the time go?

I went back through the history of the conversation, trying to get clues about people I can kind of remember from their tiny, fuzzy profile picture. Many of the girls have different last names and I'm trying to work out who is who. There are mentions of kids and weddings, of living overseas or interstate, some people have clearly kept up, others seemed to have drifted out of contact.

I'm not exactly sure I'll go - its being planned for later in the year so don't have to think about it right now. High school seems so long ago, it's like a hazy bad dream full of people I can barely remember. The people I wanted to keep in contact with I have, as for the others, will it be worth the angst to find out what they ended up studying and how many kids they've had so far?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I felt about the same way about my 10 year reunion. I ended up going because it was around the corner from home, but it was a waste of time really.