November 10, 2012

Run

I've signed up for a 5k fun run. It could be a totally crazy bad idea.
Hopefully it will be fun :)

A friend of mine had posted a pin ages ago on pintrest


Then a few weeks ago I saw a billboard for a Color Run in Sydney (and yes, it's spelt the American way, and it drives me crazy, haha). A few texts later and we had both signed up.

Basically it's a 5 K where at each km you get covered with powdered colour. Then you have a big colour fight at the end :)

I can walk 5 k no problem; Run? not so much. And my friend is pretty fit. The run is on 10th February which gives me 4 months to train.
Last year I had started the Couch to 5K program (which guides you from not running at all to running 5k in 8 weeks) using an app on my phone. I never got more than 3 weeks into the program, I'm hoping that this program will give me the motivation to keep going.


Wish me luck! And I'll post photos of the run when I do it :)

No comments: