March 12, 2012

Raising Resilient MK's

Are you a MK (missionary kid)? Do you know a MK? Do you have a MK? Is there a MK in your church? Do you think you will one day have an MK?

One of the books I have been reading for my assignment is called Raising Resilient MKs: Resources for Caregivers, Parents, and Teachers. it's actually a collection of over 50 articles/talks that address a whole lot of different aspects of being a MK, the advantages they have and issues they face as well as ways we can help them. There are over 35 different authors - so I don't agree with everything every author says but most of what is written is very interesting.

One of my classmates found that as Rasising Resilient MKs is out of print Missionary Care Resources has gotten permission to offer it for free as a PDF download. I highly recommend downloading it if you fit into any of the categories I mentioned above.

Missionary Care Resources also have a number of other missionary related titles for download, I haven't read any of them yet, but they look very interesting.

1 comment:

Janine said...

I had to laugh at some of these articles in Raising Resilient MKs. I remember being furious with my Australian Kindy teacher for being 'racist' (my lamb was as good as their dolls) - and what did she know anyway! But what a privilege to start life with a world view.