November 12, 2011

Defining Marriage

Confession. I actually know who Kim Kardashian is.
I like to pretend that I don't but I do. I know a basic amount about the Kardashians. It's not something I'm particulary interested in, but friends watch their show and talk about it.
In the last week or so I've been glad I can join in those conversations. (For those who don't know, Kim Kardashian is a reality TV star who is basically famous for being famous. She married a few weeks ago and then got a divorce after 72 days of marriage). I have had so many good and interesting conversations about marriage, what I believe about marriage, how people should approach marriage.

This is an interesting video that interviews Tim Keller, minister of Redeemer Presbyterian Church in New York.



I liked how he emphasised the importance of the vows that you make in marriage and how you need to work everyday at keeping those vows, and also how marriage is about both people being selfless in their relationship.

One of my favourite quotes is. "You should have a vision for what God is doing in that persons life, and you want to be part of the process. . .  [and] you want that person to be part of the process of you becoming the person God wants you to be."

No comments: