August 18, 2010

Trust

One of the things I struggle with the most is trust. I struggle with trusting other people to do things they say they will. I often find it hard to trust that people around me are being honest in their dealings with me. I sometimes don't trust that I can do things properly, I am paralysed by fear. But the biggest one is that I don't trust God, that he cares enough about me to do what is best.

I like plans, I like lists, I like knowing what will come next. Most of my freak-outs occur when I see a big blank ahead.

It seems that I've had alot of sources (sermon, Bible study, conversations) reminding me to Trust God. Maybe God is trying to get a message across to me? :)

But what does that look like? I don't think it's enough to just say 'I trust God' and then go on with my life.
It means really laying everything at his feet, saying 'This situation is yours' and then really trusting - not worrying, obsessing about it anymore.
It means being surrounded by Gods word so that you are able to discern what Gods will is.
It means not expecting that everything will go bad, but believing that God has a plan for good in my life.

So much easier said than done. As crazy as it sounds, I need Gods help to trust him.


Praise be to the LORD,
for he has heard my cry for mercy.
The LORD is my strength and my shield;
my heart trusts in him, and I am helped.
My heart leaps for joy
and I will give thanks to him in song.
Psalm 28, verses 6 and 7

No comments: