February 15, 2008

Live your life with Eternity in mind


On my wardrobe I have pieces of paper with favourite Bible verses, or ones I’m trying to memorise. Above that, in big writing I have the phrase “Live your life with Eternity in mind”

I can’t remember where I got that from, if I read it or adapted it or if it comes from somewhere in the Bible (I really hate it when people say that, but honestly I’ve had it up on my wardrobe for so long I can’t even remember when I first put it up)

It has served as a good reminder to me through the years to remember what is important.
.
This life I’m living now is short and fleeting, just the smallest part of the eternal life I am part of.
The troubles (and pleasures) I have now are only for a little while, until I get to spend forever in paradise.
.
This part of my life, though it seems to drag on, is fleeting; I can not waste any moment of it. Every chance needs to be used to further the kingdom of God.
.
What is really important? So many things I spend my energy on are pointless, how can I justify the time I spend on them if they take away from spending time with God, or sharing Him with others?
.
My life is not my own, it is Gods. It should be for the glory of him and not me.
.
.
.
.
(photo courtesy of stock.xchng)

No comments: