November 14, 2007

WFMW - Toddler praying

It's been a long day, so I'll make this quick.

Are you looking for a way to introduce toddlers to praying for people? Here is something my friends do. They got an inexpensive small photo album and filled it with photos of people they want to pray for; family, friends, a group shot of the kids at church, missionary photo cards.
They systematically go through the photo album, one photo a night and say a prayer for the person. When their son was really little, Mum and Dad would say the prayer, now Elijah is big enough to repeat it after them;

"Dear"
'ear'
"God"
'od'
"Please"
'es'
"look after"
'-ta'
"Grandma"
'ma'
"and Grand Pa"
'n pa'
Amen
'Uh-men'

So cute. When they get to the end, they just start at the beginning the next night. Elijah really loves it. I think it helps him to have a visual reminder of the person they are praying for.

Head over to Rocks in my Dryer for more ideas

4 comments:

TexasTanya said...

Great idea!

Heather said...

Hello! Great idea. We do something similar with our daughter.

Thank you so much for stopping by! I very much enjoyed visiting you here. Blessings ~ Heather

P.S. I posted the french toast recipe today! :)

happygeek said...

Great idea!

Alison said...

That is so sweet. I will have to start this with my youngest.