October 23, 2011

Dress

I've been doing a bit of sewing lately.There are a bunch of picnic/engagement parties/parties in the next few months that I think it will be good to have a few cute summer dresses to wear.

I tried out New Look 6020 that I bought ages ago. I made view D, because of the sweetheart neck line. However it gaped really badly so I ended up adding some elastic to the neckline and also a few tucks. So the neckline ended up being more gathered/round.



One comment; the size on this pattern is way out. After measuring myself (and measuring again - what fun that is, blah) I then decided what size I should cut out. I decided to go down a size because I know patterns sizes are off. Even then I had to re-sew almost every seam in varying degrees to make the dress fit the way it was meant to.

Anyway . . . here is the dress. I really like it - the fabric is sooo pretty. And the dress is really comfortable, I've worn it most of the weekend.

Haha, this is my attempt at self timer photos on my balcony while pretending to the people walking past it's no big deal.

How do the style blog girls do it? :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Well done! It looks great!

Kat said...

it's beautiful! well done!