July 21, 2011

Let the rain fall down

It has been pouring here for the last few days.
The rain is steady, and constant. It lightens enough for the sun to peek through, but then thunders down even heavier.

The playground flooded. We stood at the window and watched the puddle grow bigger and bigger. Split, splat.

I use to love rain like this. I use to ADORE it. I would long for it to come and wish it would stay longer. And then I became a teacher. And I am tired of wet clothes, and slippery surfaces and boys who need to be able to run each day but can't.

May the sun come out soon!
(photo credit)

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I let my kids just run out in the rain to see if it's really very wet and if we can go out. One at a time they run out to check the rain.

Sarah said...

I let my kids just run out in the rain to see if it's really very wet and if we can go out. One at a time they run out to check the rain.