January 23, 2011

Water

I've been thinking about water lately. Normally water is such a comforting thing to me. I love to walk along the beach, I grew up swimming in the local river, my mood lifts when the rain falls down. I never really feared water (even after a certain incident in a river as a child).
But with the floods in QLD and other parts of Australia I've been thinking how even water can't always be safe. Australians naturally are wary of fire, not so much of water.
We can't take anything in nature for granted.

4 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Sorry, posted my comment to the wrong post!
There is still a certain fear of water here - why else do most kids have swimming lessons and so many of our beaches have lifeguards?

Erin said...

Yeah, I was thinking about that. And about all the drownings that can happen in backyard pools.
It just seems werid to not be fearing fire this summer, but water instead. If it's not one thing, it's another.

Unknown said...

Droughts and flooding rains...