January 2, 2011

Beginnings

Somehow New Years has crept up on me.


2010 turned out to be a good year; I graduated university, and began a job! I faced struggles and overcame them; I grew and learnt alot about myself in the process.
I helped welcome babies and watched relationships grow and blossom. I farewelled friends on their own adventures.

In some ways I know what 2011 will hold, in others it's an amazing blank canvas. I don't really make resolutions, but I make plans. One of them is to be better at updating my blog - but we'll have to see how that goes :).


The passage this morning at church was a great reminder to make time in Gods word as I consider the year ahead. As I make plans for the year ahead, I remember to commit it all to him; the artist that colours my life and knows the placement for all the paint that will fill my 'blank' canvas.

Blessed is the one
who does not walk in step with the wicked
or stand in the way that sinners take
or sit in the company of mockers,
but whose delight is in the law of the LORD,
and who meditates on his law day and night.

That person is like a tree planted by streams of water,
which yields its fruit in season
and whose leaf does not wither—
whatever they do prospers.
Psalm 1:1-4
 
 
 

No comments: