December 20, 2009

Christmas Meme

(Hat tip Kacie)
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper. If I got more than one thing for someone I use to like wrapping each thing individually so that it prolonged the experience :)

2. Real tree or artificial? Fake

3. When do you put up the tree? Generally around 1st December

4. When do you take the tree down? My brothers birthday is early January so we always took it down before then. I think we generally do it on New Years Day.

5. Do you like eggnog? Never had it

6. Favorite gift received as a child? I keep getting confused between birthday and Christmas presents. I think it was a Christmas when Mum and Dad finally relented and bought me my first Barbie (she had been banned on philosophical grounds before this). It was a gymnastic Barbie which had double joints on her knees and elbows so could do crazy gymnastic poses. Possibly the most surprised I have ever been by a present in my life.

7. Do you have a Nativity scene? Still trying to find the perfect one

8. Hardest person to buy for? I always find Christmas really hard because I'm always so sure that I'll get the wrong thing and people won't like the gift. Being an obsessive people pleaser makes gift giving stressful. A couple of years ago I broke down in the shopping center because the pressure was too much. I'm a bit better now.
But I'd have to say the hardest is my brother - it's so hard to judge his tastes.

9. Easiest person to buy for? Kids, I love how excited they get about everything (and anything)

10. Worst Christmas Gift you ever received? Can't really remember. I'm sure there was a pack of hankies at some point from an elderly relative.

11. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Don't really have one

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Mid December. I always start planning way before that but it always takes me forever to decide.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Maybe for a Kris Kringle?

15 Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Our Ice cream pudding, soooo good.

16. Clear lights or coloured on the tree? both :)

17. Favorite Christmas song? I LOVE traditional Christmas Carols. All of them.
From a purely musical point of view I like 'What child is this', Greensleeves sends shivers up my spine.

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Since we've been back in Australia we always had to stay where we were for Christmas because of Christmas day service. People came to us. Except that we now don't live with Mum and Dad so we have to travel.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? No

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Star

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Morning. A few years ago Mum and Dad started the tradition of waiting until after Church which I love. It's good to remind us what's the real meaning of Christmas and I'm the kind of person where the anticipation is half of the fun.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? People thinking Christmas equals Winter. In the Southern hemisphere Christmas has nothing to do with winter! Look around, it's the middle of summer! Just because part of the world (not here) has snow at Christmas does not mean that Christmas is in anyway connected to Christmas! A snow flake is NOT a Christmas decoration!
I could go on, but I'll spare you :)

2 comments:

Kacie said...

hah, you made me chuckle. What is ice cream pudding?

Erin said...

Ice cream pudding is our family tradition, a desert for people who don't like dried fruit. I had thought I had blogged about it but couldn't find it so will post it today. It is so yummy!