June 22, 2009

Road Block


There is some road works going on near our house. Thankfully it's mostly at night so it's not too much of an inconvenience.

I don't mind the road works becasue I quite like driving on the new, fresh road. It's so smooth without any bumps, dips or loose gravel flying around.


Tonight, while I was waiting at a stop sign at the road works I was day dreaming and suddenly thought - This is like what God does, he covers up the old road to make us into new roads, without bumps and dips.

Then I thought, No, he doesn't.
God doesn't just cover up my sin; my selfishness, my impatience, my hatred and everything else. He has completely got rid of it, and created a totally new road. In his eyes the old road does not exist.

And the new road is now heading in a completely new direction.


Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation;
the old has gone, the new has come!
2 Corinthians 5:17.



(picture credit)

No comments: