November 9, 2008

Six things

A while ago (a long while ago – before prac) Kaysie tagged me to do a meme. This one asks me to write down 6 things I have learnt this year.

There are so many things I could tell you; things I have learnt about child development, things I have learnt about teaching, things I have learnt about God, things I have learnt about living with depression, things I have learnt about sewing, things I have learnt about managing a budget.

But I decided to go a slightly different way. Our Bible Study has been studying Proverbs the last few weeks so I thought I’d pick six Proverbs (only six!), which relate to some things I have learnt so far this year.



1. Do not let your heart envy sinners but always be zealous for the fear of the LORD. Proverbs 23:17

2. Better a little with righteousness than much gain with injustice. Proverbs 16:8

3. Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised. Proverbs 31:30 (You may recognise this from my sidebar)

4. Reckless words pierce like a sword, but the tongue of the wise brings healing. Proverbs 12:18

5. He who heeds discipline shows the way to life, but whoever ignores correction leads others astray. Proverbs 10:17

6. For the LORD gives wisdom, and from his mouth come knowledge and understanding. Proverbs 2:6

I have discovered a new love of Proverbs - there are so many amazing morsels of goodness in it.


I now tag Rachel, Rachael, Katie, Elise, and Stephanie, if you want to play along!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a really cool way to do that meme! I may want to try it sometime :-)

Rachael said...

I've finally done the meme, here.