There are so many things I could tell you; things I have learnt about child development, things I have learnt about teaching, things I have learnt about God, things I have learnt about living with depression, things I have learnt about sewing, things I have learnt about managing a budget.
But I decided to go a slightly different way. Our Bible Study has been studying Proverbs the last few weeks so I thought I’d pick six Proverbs (only six!), which relate to some things I have learnt so far this year.
I have discovered a new love of Proverbs - there are so many amazing morsels of goodness in it.
1. Do not let your heart envy sinners but always be zealous for the fear of the LORD. Proverbs 23:17
2. Better a little with righteousness than much gain with injustice. Proverbs 16:8
3. Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised. Proverbs 31:30 (You may recognise this from my sidebar)
4. Reckless words pierce like a sword, but the tongue of the wise brings healing. Proverbs 12:18
5. He who heeds discipline shows the way to life, but whoever ignores correction leads others astray. Proverbs 10:17
6. For the LORD gives wisdom, and from his mouth come knowledge and understanding. Proverbs 2:6
I now tag Rachel, Rachael, Katie, Elise, and Stephanie, if you want to play along!